“I am a member of a team, and I rely on the team, I defer to it and sacrifice for it, because the team, not the individual, is the ultimate champion.”
- Mia Hamm
- So proud of our girls who unselfishly pass the ball to their teammates. I heard Coach's dad say that those short little passes are what will help us win the games against the tough teams. He was very impressed with our girls who understood that concept and carried it out.
- So proud of the way our team came together even though 6 of the 15 who played in this game were on the field as a NW Varsity team member for the first time.
- Thrilled with the cool and pleasant evening. I hate to say it, but I actually got a little chilly!
- So nice to have enough girls out for the program this year so that we are able to have subs who are fresh and ready to play.
- Thrilled to hear the positive comments from the parents in the stands toward all members of the team. Loved hearing the applause for each girl as they came on and off the field!
- Congrats to Val Ostrowski for scoring her first goals on Varsity. And to Taylor Stutzman and Kristyn Burt who scored their first goals of this season! Good job ladies!
- Loved that the girls were able to switch postitions (Defense playing offense and offense playing defense) during the second half! It not only is a good learning experience, it also makes them appreciate the hard work their teammates do. And how each position is a valuable part in attaining victory!
- Congrats to the JV team on their first win of the season. And to Lizzie Fleetwood for her first goal of the year!
- A great way to start the season and looking forward to continuing to see the girls improve as the year goes on.
(These opinions are mostly mine (Jolinda) but I would love to post any positive things any of you notice as well! The story in the paper often doesn't give a full picture of the game. And neither does one person's opinion! Thanks!)
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Observations from the fans in the stands
Posted by Jolinda at 11:46 AM
Labels: 2010, Observations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment